senior valuation actuary – life/investmentsPosted 01-Mar-2012
This market leading group seeks an experienced valuation actuary that has been doing some investment related work either on life insurance products or similar.
With training provided for someone who has a passion for investments, your role will utilise your valuation, pricing and modelling experience whilst also enabling you to move into a more investments orientated role which will include the following responsibilities:
- Daily management, monitoring and reporting of investment performance and all investment related issues
- Stochastic modelling/VBA utilising monte carlo simulation and product pricing
- Implementation of improved procedures & documented governance processes
- Working closely with investment team in managing the portfolio in accordance with agreed strategy
- Act as the APRA interface for all investment and risk related issues
- Being the central point for investment performance relating to client portfolios
- Implementation and ongoing management of quant models central to business products
To be successful, you will have a demonstrated background as someone who has worked closely with investments in your actuarial role so that you have some practical experience. We are not expecting you to have had all the experience required for this role but it is critical that you can be groomed into being an excellent presenter infront of senior stakeholders and clients on technical matters. Your strong communication skills are paramount. To be considered, you will be actuarially qualified and ideally have a Bachelor/Master of Economics or Finance.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this opportunity. Tell A Friend